At the request of the Société Centrale Canine Marocaine (SCCM), the FCI informs the members and contract partners that the Disciplinary Council of the SCCM unanimously resolved on the occasion of its meeting dated 27 February 2016 to expel Mr Laraki Karim and Mr Id Barka Abdellatif for very serious actions for which they are blamed.
NAME CHANGE: ANATOLIAN SHEPHERD DOG TO KANGAL SHEPHERD DOG
Advice has been received from FCI that the Turkish Kennel Club (Köpek Irklari ve Kinoloji Federasyonu) has changed the name of the Anatolian Shepherd Dog to Kangal Shepherd Dog and the breed standard for the Kangal has also been changed. After consultation with the National Breed Standards Coordination Group and the ANKC Executive Committee we confirm the following action will be taken in respect of this advice:
- Our website will be updated with the Kangal Shepherd Dog breed standard;
- In the interim the previous FCI Anatolian Shepherd Dog breed standard will remain on our website;
- Anatolian Shepherd Dogs can be awarded CC’s but will not be able to be awarded CACIB’s;
- ANKC Group listing will be amended to include the Kangal Shepherd Dog in Group 6 (Utility);
- Regulations Part 5 – Shows Section 6 pertaining to CACIB Shows will be updated with the addition of the Kangal Shepherd Dog to Group 2;
- Any member who wishes to change from Anatolian Shepherd Dog to Kangal Shepherd Dog should contact their relevant Member Body office with full details of the dog they wish to change by 12th October 2018;
- After this date ANKC will review the number of dogs still registered as Anatolian Shepherd Dogs.