NOTICE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
Wednesday 18 November 2020 at 8.00pm
Hall, David Roche Park, Cromwell Road, Kilburn
South Australian Canine Association Constitution
17A. EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
(a) An Extraordinary Meeting of the Association shall be convened within 45 days of the Executive Officer being served with a petition praying for the calling of such a meeting provided however that no such petition shall be served in the months of November to February both inclusive. A petition shall not be effective for the purpose hereof unless signed by 150 members, who shall also have legibly printed their respective names, addresses and membership numbers adjacent to their respective signatures within such petition.
AGENDA OF MEETING AS PER PETITION CONTENT
We, the undersigned of Dogs SA membership do hereby formally petition an EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING (constitution, item 17A), to be convened within 45 days of Dogs SA being served, to discuss the following items:
- Why did Dogs SA Council decide to reject the assertion of the EO position, as the accepted succession protocol by the membership when the EO position was to become vacant?
- Clarification of the events that transpired to when this did not occur?
- What Council deemed as the Job Descriptions of the EO position and subsequently other Dogs SA office staff?
- Expectations of Council of the new EO.
- Expectations of Council on the other personnel in the office.
- Council to put in place dedicated succession planning/recruitment process to alleviate similar dysfunction in the future.
- Council to be more transparent in their process, discussion, and communication to members, with complete minutes of every meeting to be published on the Dogs SA website and in every monthly journal as soon as possible after each meeting.
Any subsequent discussions arising from the above items.