At the recent Annual General Meeting of the Australian National Kennel Council Limited held via Zoom video conferencing:
- Election of ANKC Ltd Executive
- Mr Brian Parker was elected as Vice President for a one-year term from 17 October 2020; and
- Mr David Sales was re-elected unopposed as Treasurer for a one-year term from 17 October 2020.
- Ms Pamela Campbell was re-elected as a member of the Executive Committee for a one-year term from 17 October 2020.
At the October 2020 ANKC Ltd Board meeting, Directors resolved/considered the following:
- Turkish Shepherd Dog Survey
It was resolved that the status quo is to remain where there will be two breeds with the Anatolian Shepherd Dog using the current Anatolian Shepherd Dog breed standard and the Kangal Shepherd Dog using the FCI Kangal Shepherd Dog breed standard and owners may transfer the affected dogs from one breed to the other up until the 30 June 2021.
- CACIB Shows: 2022-2023
It was resolved the following confirmed expressions of interest to conduct CACIB Shows in 2022-2023 have been approved by ANKC for submission to FCI for their approval:
|Member Body||Date of Show||Show Details|
|Dogs Tasmania||30 January 2022||Ulverstone Kennel Club CACIB Show|
|Dogs Victoria||12 February 2022||Twilight Canine Country Club|
|Dogs SA||3 June 2022||Dogs SA Winter International|
|Dogs West||8 July 2022||Winter Festival|
|Dogs Queensland||17 September 2022||API Event|
|Dogs NSW||26 August 2022||The Royal Canin International Spring Fair|
|Dogs West||14 July 2023||Winter Festival|
|Dogs NSW||1 September 2023||The Royal Canin International Spring Fair|
- Regulations Part 3A to 3N: New Clause to be added
It was resolved that the following clause be inserted into all ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 3A to Part 3N:
A member wishing to enter any Judges’ Training Scheme must apply to the Member Body in their state of residence.
- Regulations Part 5 – Conformation Shows: Clause 1.1.7 Amendment
It was resolved that Regulations Part 5 – Conformation Shows: Clause 1.1.7 be amended as follows:
1.1.7 Proprietary Interest – having some legal or equitable interest in an animal on an on-going basis. For the purposes of these Regulations the definition does not include boarding a dog at a Judge’s boarding kennel.
- Regulations Part 5 – Conformation Shows: New Clause 8.1.4 Amendment
It was resolved that Regulations Part 5 – Conformation Shows, Section 8, 8.1 Exhibit be amended by the inclusion of an additional Clause 8.1.4 to read as follows:
8.1.4 A dog cannot be entered in the name of a deceased person once the administration of that person’ s estate has been finalised.
- Regulations Part 5 – Conformation Shows: Clause 3.2.5 Amendment
It was resolved that Regulations Part 5 – Conformation Shows: Clause 3.2.5 be amended as follows:
“I undertake to abide by the Rules and Regulations of the ANKC Ltd and judge to its approved Breed Standards/Regulations/Rules and any member body regulations applicable to this assignment. I declare all information on this form is correct and if circumstances make the information inaccurate, I undertake to inform the ANKC Ltd forthwith.
I also declare I am physically fit and capable of judging in the normally accepted manner. I acknowledge this is a continuing obligation and I undertake to notify the contracting affiliate should my health status impact upon my ability to judge in the normally accepted manner.”
It was resolved for the amended declaration to be included in the Judges’ contract and the Non-resident Judges’ application form.
* New or Amended regulations, policy statements, procedures, publications and listings will be made available from the ANKC Ltd website.