Dogs SA members please see the notification provided by the COVID Management Plan Team of the SA Health. Apart from the health and wellbeing of our members, staff and the general public Dogs SA Council was aware of the potential for this and took this into consideration when cancelling the Festival of Dogs.
On 16 November 2020 new restrictions were announced to minimise the spread of COVID-19 in response to the ‘Parafield cluster’.
From 17 November 2020, all approved COVID Management Plans (CMP) have been suspended for 2 weeks as per section 18 of the Emergency Management (Public Activities No 11) (COVID-19) Direction 2020 (the Direction).
If you have not yet received approval for your CMP and your event is within the next 2 weeks, your event must comply with the Direction.
Please see some frequently asked questions here, or contact us on 8226 7100 or health.COVIDManagementPlan@sa.gov.au should you wish to discuss your specific COVID Management Plan.
Covid Update from Monday 16 November from EO Roz Becker
Tonight the Dogs SA Council held an Emergency Meeting regarding the recent Covid-19 Outbreak and decided that All Dogs SA sanctioned activities and affiliate club training are to be cancelled until close of business on Monday 30th November.
Dogs SA Council will review Government restrictions before providing further advice.
Please note this includes all planned events and meetings schedule to take place at Dogs SA over the coming 2 weeks.
Should clubs choose to have meetings elsewhere they are to comply with current SA Covid Safe Restrictions.
I would like to thank all our volunteers that have contributed many hours to organising and running these activities.
I understand it is very disappointing to have to cancel. This decision has been made to protect the health and wellbeing of all South Australians and prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.