GUIDELINES FOR THE CONDUCT OF CONFORMATION SHOWS – 1/12/2020
During the current COVID-19 Pandemic, the following guidelines will operate for the conduct of Conformation Shows in South Australia. Note that these guidelines are in conjunction with the SA Department of Health and other Government Guidelines that are applicable at the time of the Show.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
If you have even mild symptoms, please stay at home, and get tested. If you are a close contact of a person self-isolating, or have been ordered to self isolate please do not attend the event. If you have visited a venue listed, at the date and time specified, on the Contract Tracing Locations page of the SA Health Website you must follow the directions for that Location.
• All adult attendees and unaccompanied minors at the event must check in using the QR code applicable to that event either via Smartphone using the mySA GOV app or present to a club official and check in via the manual contract tracing attendance record log.
• COVID SAfe Check-In is a new feature that has been added to the free mySA GOV app. You can download the mySA GOV app using your smart phone. In the mySA GOV app, select the COVID SAfe Check-In tile when you arrive at a venue or business, and follow the prompts to scan their unique QR code and check in. You are not required to login to use the COVID SAfe Check-In feature. Download the app from Google Play or the App Store. If you do not have a compatible smart phone, a paper record will be available for you to provide your details.
Please refer to https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/business-and-work/covid-safe-check-in for more details.
• Entries are open to all States SA Health has removed border restrictions from at the time of entries closing. Note should the borders be re-closed after entries close entry fees will not be refunded for interstate exhibits.
• As 1,000 people are allowed on the grounds it is highly unlikely that there will be a need to restrict entry or visitors. However strict social distancing rules should be followed by all.
• Online Entry preferred.
• Failure to adhere to any instruction issued by an Official including COVID Marshalls may result in the exhibitor being required to immediately leave the grounds and they may be subject to disciplinary action.
• Paper Catalogues are permitted to be ordered and sold.
• Place Ribbons are required as per Dogs SA Rules.
• Only normal spacing of Gazebos is required.
• Please observe current social distancing and density requirements in force on the day of the show. This includes where people of different households share a Gazebo. Note that the area of a 3m x 3m Gazebo is 9 square metres, whilst a 2.4m x 2.4m Gazebo is 5.74 square metres.
• The SA Health recommendations on the COVID Safe Plan read “Consider limiting the duration of any activity to 2 hours or less where possible.” As most Groups are completed within or close to this timeframe, there is no need for Exhibitors to leave the grounds as soon as possible after elimination of competition. However, current Social distancing rules must be maintained.
• Total numbers shall not exceed the SA Government Gazetted COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement Order current at the time of the show.
• There shall be no congregating or setting up under the Ring Awnings or Pergola area.
• Practise good hygiene by cleaning your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or sanitizer, after visiting a common area, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• No person shall encroach into the Steward’s designated safety zone.
• Masks may be worn by Officials and Exhibitors – but are not compulsory.
• Hand sanitiser or soap and water shall be available for Judges and Stewards. Exhibitors are encouraged to provide their own.
• All Venders and Patrons shall adhere to physical distancing rules and maintain COVID-19 safety requirements.
• Only Handlers of the Breed currently being judged shall be in the judging precinct. If Dogs need to be changed from one class to the next, handlers are to advise the Steward prior to entering the ring for the class prior. Appropriate time must be allowed for changes to occur. The Steward may exercise discretion when no changes are required. At all times appropriate social distancing should be adhered to.
• Exhibitors shall enter the ring area via the entrance and depart via the exit maintaining physical distancing at all times whilst in the ring. “IN” and “OUT” signs should be posted, and Stewards advise the exhibitors.
• Ring equipment shall be regularly sanitised during the event.
• When Group Specials is being judged, the Steward shall remind exhibitors of Social Distancing requirements both when gaiting and stacking. Only Handlers of the Class in Group next to be judged should be in the Assembly area. If Dogs need to be changed from one class to the next, handlers are to advise the Steward prior to entering the ring for the class prior. Appropriate time must be allowed for changes to occur. The Steward may exercise discretion when no changes are required. At all times appropriate social distancing should be adhered to.
- Judges are permitted to examine dogs in a standard manner as they are not in contact with the exhibitor for longer than 15 minutes. This has been confirmed by theSA Government ORSR COVID-19 Support Team.
• Judges are encouraged to spend no more than 30 seconds going over an individual exhibit.
• Where there is more than one entry in a class, exhibitors must adhere to physical distancing rules.
• Judges must maintain good hygiene practices as appropriate whilst judging.
• When judging Group Specials, Judges may shortlist the Group.
COLLECTION OF NUMBERS, CATALOGUES AND CHALLENGES
• The normal Ticket Window can be used with a maximum of 2 people in the Room to maintain appropriate Social distancing at the window. Only 2 lines for exhibitors so Social distancing rules can be maintained between exhibitors. Appropriate signage should be used, i.e. Groups 1-3, 4-7 or similar to assist exhibitors. All Numbers, Catalogues, Challenge Certificates and Ribbons must be handed out by Show officials.
• A Catalogue can be provided for Exhibitors use but Hand Sanitiser must be provided along with a sign requesting sanitising must be done before using the catalogue.
• Cleaning of toilets, wiping down of surfaces and ensuring liquid soap supplies are maintained is the responsibility of the Club holding the show. Dogs SA will provide the liquid soap supplies for rest rooms.
• Exhibitors are requested to be considerate of fellow exhibitors and maintain appropriate hygiene and physical distancing when visiting restrooms.
• Please refer to the attached for cleaning guidelines