DOGS SA Dog/Puppy/Neuter of the Year - TEMPORARY Competition Rules – 2020/2021 ONLY
- The Dogs SA Show Dog/Puppy/Neuter of the Year Competition will be conducted on a date to be approved by Council each year.
- Qualifying period shall commence on the first Monday after what would have been the 2020 Adelaide Royal Show, the 14 September 2020, and will conclude on what would have been the final day of this year’s Adelaide Royal Show, the 12 September 2021.
- Qualifying wins for Show Dog, Puppy and Neuter of the Year will be all Championship shows sanctioned by DOGS SA and held in SA.
- All owners of dogs must be financial members of their controlling body and the dog must reside in South Australia at the time of the qualifying win/s, this applies only to the 2020/2021 qualifying year.
- To Qualify for this event:
- Your Show Dog must have been awarded one of the following:
- All Breeds Best in Show
- All Breeds Runner up Best in Show, or
- Deemed to be one of the top 3 dogs in your group, excluding dogs already qualified under the first 2 dot points. This will be calculated on a point score of 2 points for Best in Group or Best in Show Specialty and 1 point for Runner Up in Group or Specialty. The points to be calculated at the end of the qualifying period with the top 3 dogs deemed the qualifiers.
- Your Puppy must have been awarded:
- All Breeds Baby, Minor or Puppy in Show
- Must be over 6 months of age at the completion of the qualifying period for the current year, i.e the final day of the Adelaide Royal Show (see p.2 above)
- Your Neuter Dog must have been awarded:
- All Breeds Best Neuter in Show
- All Breeds Best Runner up Neuter in Show
- Please note that ongoing Covid Restrictions may impact on this year’s judging panel and some/all of the Judges may have judged in SA within the last 12 months and/or reside in South Australia.
- Judges will remain anonymous until the date of judging.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR THIS YEAR’S EVENT THERE WILL BE TWO PUPPY OF THE YEAR COMPETITIONS, THE QUALIFIERS FOR 2019/2020 AND 2020/2021 WILL BE JUDGED SEPARATELY WITH A PUPPY OF THE YEAR WINNER FOR EACH QUALIFYING YEAR.
- Order of judging for the event will commence with Neuter of the Year, then Puppy of the year followed by Show Dog of the year.
- The first round for competitors in each category shall be by random ballot.
- Where an exhibitor has 2 dogs registered to them, they cannot be drawn to contest each other in the first round.
- Judging will be a knockout competition with the 3 judges assessing each dog and independently selecting their winner. The winner will then advance on to the next round until the eventual winner is identified.
- The committee reserve the right to amend the format and timing of the program as necessary.