PART VIII EXHIBITIONS A. GENERAL – EFFECTIVE 01 JULY 2010
Hot Weather Rules for Conformation, Obedience, Agility, Flyball, Earthdog and Herding (07/09)
9. The following Exhibitions must be cancelled when the forecast temperature at 10.00a.m from the www.eldersweather.com.au site two days prior for; (07/10)
(a) Conformation Exhibitions, is 37 degrees Celsius or higher;
(b) Obedience, Agility, Flyball and Earthdog Trials, is 34 degrees Celsius or higher;
(c) Herding Trials, Tests and training, is 30 degrees Celsius or higher.
This temperature will be final for the decision to cancel an Exhibition.
10. For multiple Exhibitions scheduled for a weekend, only those Exhibitions where the temperatures do not comply with those specified in these rules, must be cancelled.
11. It is the responsibility of an exhibitor to check two days prior to the Exhibition that the www.eldersweather.com.au forecasted temperature for the day, at the locality where the Exhibition is to be held, is in accordance with these rules.(07/10)
12. All schedules must state that where an Exhibition is cancelled in accordance with the Hot Weather Rules, no entry fees will be refunded.
13. The Affiliate Member must notify the SACA Office and officials of their decision to cancel immediately.
14. Where the Affiliate Member has cancelled an Exhibition the Secretary or Convenor must submit a copy of the catalogue to the Executive Officer within 14 days of the date of cancellation.
15. All levies from entries fees and ground hire fees where applicable will be paid to the SACA.
16. All contracted Judges, Stewards and SACA Representative fees must be paid.
17. Exception to these rules is where an Exhibition has been scheduled to be held in an air conditioned venue or where the Exhibition is scheduled to start not before 6.00pm.(07/10)
HOT WEATHER GUIDELINES FOR CLUBS AND EXHIBITIORS
Where the temperature is 30 degrees Celsius or higher, all Affiliate Members must provide;
1. Adequate shade in each ring for Judges and in the assembly area for the Stewards and Exhibits;
2. A seat for all Stewards;
3. Cool refreshments at ringside for Judges and Stewards;
4. Hourly announcements must be provided to notify exhibitors to be alert about dogs in cars, dog trailers, tents, heat exhaustion and where a tap is located for water for dogs and livestock;
5. A towel or similar for the examination table; and
6. Conformation Clubs should consider judging through the lunch break in consultation with the Judge/s. Where there is no lunchbreak, Junior Handler classes will not be conducted unless scheduled prior to the commencement of the Exhibition.